IZIS is coming. Join us between September 23 and October 16, 2022!
“The tenth anniversary edition of Izis takes up as its basic element the pipe, that elongated and hollow something that normally provides, in secret, all the inflows and outflows that either in the bowels of our homes and cities or inside our bodies keep our lives running as smoothly as possible.” – Karlo Hmeljak
This year, you will be able to see intermedia works by well-established Slovenian and foreign artists at the former salt warehouse Libertas in Koper.
The performative program, which will explore the future of audio multi-channel immersive (re)production, will be performed at a new venue, the Bastion fortress.
The tenth anniversary edition of the IZIS festival was opened on Friday, September 23, 2022, in the Libertas warehouse (Kopališko nabrežje) in Koper.
The intermedia installations can be viewed in the Libertas warehouse at the following dates, until October 16, 2022:
Monday – Friday
4 p.m. – 10 p.m.
Saturday and Sunday
9 a.m. – 1 p.m. and 5 p.m. – 10 p.m.
On Sunday, October 16, 2022, it will be possible to visit only in the morning, between 9 a.m. and 1 p.m.
The program consists of nine intermedia installations (some will be presented to the public for the first time), three multi-channel sound installations, three workshops (prior registration required) and seven performances.
Sara Bezovšek: Wormhole [new PiNA production]
Lara Žagar: future factory [Lightning guerilla production]
Nika Erjavec: 30,000,000,000 tons per year [new PiNA production]
Maja Smrekar & Jonas Jørgensen: !brute_force: Soft Resilience [PiNA/RUK production]
BridA: α [RUK/PiNA coproduction]
Marco Barotti: APES [RUK/PiNA coproduction]
Marc Vilanova: ARESTA
Theresa Schubert: Hylē [RUK/PiNA coproduction]
Laboratorij Svetlobne gverile: Data Landscapes [Ljudmila / Lightning guerilla production, PiNA coproduction]
23. – 29. 9. Tomaž Grom: iMstrument [Zavod Sploh production] [click HERE for more information]
30. 9. – 6. 10. Gašper Torkar: And Saturn [click HERE for more information]
7. – 14. 10. Tomaž Grom: On This Merry Day of Culture [Zavod Sploh production] [click HERE for more information]
The above works will be played on a DIY 3D sound dome, the author of which is Blaž Pavlica.
26. 9. Oscar Recarte & Rosa Marìa Valle: Correspondencias [Facebook event: HERE]
30. 9. Octex: Mindrifft (AV live set) [Facebook event: HERE]
5. 10. Marina Mårtensson: ~ [TRAY-KEE-UH] ~ [Facebook event: HERE]
7. 10. Simon Whetham: Channelling (AV live set) [KUD Mreža production] [Facebook event: HERE]
12. 10. Tilen Lebar: Vicinity Of Solitude – Chamber Music [Zavod Sploh production] [Facebook event: HERE]
14. 10. Gašper Torkar: Helium Rain [PiNA production] [Facebook event: HERE]
26. – 27. 9. Oscar Recarte: Beautiful Noises
24. 9. – 15. 10. Mauricio Valdés San Emeterio: Ambisonics for the Masses / one on one session
13. 10. Marko Vivoda & Gjorgji Despodov: Dunch at the Holy Crab